Friday, May 8, 2009

Pullen Park


First, we rode the carousel.


I wanted a picture of his new big teeth growing in.


On every rotation, he called, "Hi, Heather!" So cute! They have a great relationship!

PADDLE BOAT


Heather and I were both eager for the exercise. One minute into pedaling, we were both ready to quit!
Kevin was our captain and steered the boat (with help from Heather).




Grandma, Kevin, Heather


We saw three turtles, lots of mallards, Canada geese, and a couple of swans!


TRAIN


The train is a must! Though a disappointingly short ride, Kevin didn't complain. He gave us a tour of the park, eagerly pointing out each feature as we passed.


KIDDIE BOAT


Kevin wanted to ride the kiddie boats. The second time around, he made a face and said, "It doesn't go anywhere." Having just experienced the freedom of directing where you wanted your boat to go, this was too tame a ride. I told him to ring his bell, which brought smiles for the remainder of the ride.

I remember when Karin and I took him there 3 years ago, July 2006. We were both worried about him not being strapped in the boat and bailing overboard!



PLAYGROUND



LUNCH





We bought our lunch and ate beside the paddle boat pond.


After lunch, Kevin and another little boy walked together to this big tree and balanced on its big roots watching for the train to come by again.

When we were ready to leave, I asked Kevin to put the few bits of trash in the trash can. He questioned why he should do it. "Because you are my little dwarf, and I am Snow White." Heather complained that she was Snow White and that, since I am old, I must be the Wicked Witch. By now he was chuckling too hard to complain about being the dwarf doing the work.


MORE SHOTS FROM THE PAST -- July 2006:





It appears that lunch was his favorite part!

1 comment:

  1. Kevin looks so OLD! OMG!!! And such sweet pictures from the past. : )

    ReplyDelete