Sunday, July 12, 2009

Quick Weekend Trip to NC

Grant, Guinness, and I made a quick trip this weekend to visit Steve, Kevin, and Karin's grave. Kevin was asleep when we arrived Sat. night, but he awakened us with glee at 7 AM. I took him downstairs for breakfast, and he decided that he wanted Grandma to make him some eggs.
Kevin had done a 5 year old caper of sprinkling Play-Doh all over the sunroom a few days ago to his Daddy's chagrin. I spent a good part of the morning cleaning that up with a bit of help from Kevin -- vacuuming, scraping it out of the floor cracks, and mopping. Then I called Daddy and Grampy to come help resettle the room.

Loving James.

Kevin and I took Guinness on a walk to the frog pond. On the way home, I was quite comfortable and loving the warmth, but Kevin was beginning to whine about the long walk, and Guinness was in some distress from needing water when Grampy appeared in the car! We piled in, mainly for Guinness's sake, and Grampy told us that the temp was 104. Yay!!! I was finally warm for once this summer!
At home, Kevin and I decided to make some chalk drawings on the driveway. Though Kevin is talented in many respects, art is not his forte. But he is showing vast improvement in his abilities! He can color within the lines and he can draw recognizable pictures!
Here he is drawing Guinness with yellow chalk.






Ta-da --


This evening we went to Chili's for dinner. Kevin has not lost his charm. Our waitress's name was Heather, so Kevin told her that his nanny was Heather also. It was mentioned that Kevin likes blondes (both Heathers are blondes). Heather asked, "But you don't like my tatoo; do you? I saw you staring at it with a funny look." He said the politically correct thing: "I like your tatoo! I have tatoos too." Each time she came to the table, Kevin had something to say to her. When the meal was finished and she walked away for the last time, he called out behind her, "I love you, Heather!" She stopped in her tracks and came back saying, "Did you say what I think you said?" Too funny! He had made another friend.

4 comments:

  1. Love Kevie's pictures! Don't worry, you don't want Kevin to major in Art, anyway. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I don't want him to major in art! LOL

    Karin and I have been compiling a list of his possible occupations, and artist is not on the list. Other "artsy" occupations are -- architect and singer/musician.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Can't be an architect either. Too many are out of work during this down time. How about...oh, I don't know. Hopefully he will dream up something that will give him lots of satisfaction.
    MLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. His list is long. The ones I remember are --
    Manager/CEO
    Mathematician
    Engineer
    Architect
    Teacher
    Prayer warrior
    Pastor
    Politician
    Counselor
    Sculptor
    Vocalist
    Puzzler extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete