Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Grave Marker


Karin's grave marker was installed on Friday. I am in NC to place flowers on her grave now that there is a vase for them. I checked it out Tuesday evening, saw that the grass still isn't growing (after complaining a month ago), thus mud has pooled on the granite slab. But the bronze plaque is gorgeous and impervious to both the mud and the cigarette butt the installer so rudely left behind. I stopped at Walmart for some grass seed as well as some flower arranging supplies.
This morning, Steve, Kevin, and I installed the flowers and spread some grass seed.

Hopefully, the rain that is to come the next few days will give the seed a good start.

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen a stone like that. BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job with the pictures. Karin would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness! Her marker is gorgeous! They did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete