Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Second Anniversary!!!

Today marks two years since a very happy, fun day.
The Rehearsal with Mr. & Mrs. Texas.






This morning, I babysat Gabe while Cathi and Kien went shopping. It was an easy job. This is what he did for two hours while I did laundry.

As Kien napped this afternoon, I worked on my list of chores to complete before leaving tomorrow.
This evening, Brandy and I babysat while Greg & Cathi went out for dinner. Before they left, the kids went with me to Braums (hamburger and ice cream place) to select our dinners and desserts, then brought them back to the house to eat at home. Yum!

When the happy couple returned, Kien and I went to the garage to say "goodnight." We saw some wildlife! MLE, we need some identifications please!


Among our bedtime stories tonight, I read Noelle's book, "The Story of a Heavenly Princess" to Kien. During my month here, we have talked about Mommy Karin; "Uncle" Steve and Kevin came to visit, and we have looked at pictures together on my computer of Kien's life over the past year. He seems to remember more than one might think at his age! Cathi told me that he called Aria, "Princess Aria," yesterday! I never said that to him, but Karin used to call her, "Pretty Pretty Princess." While reading the story of the Mommy who brought him from Vietnam to America, he said, "Miss her." !!!! Then I told him how much Daddy Greg and Mommy Cathi love him and wanted him from the first time they saw him, and that it was God's plan that he be Mommy Cathi's and Daddy Greg's little boy, because He took Mommy Karin to heaven to live with Him.

It's hard to get a good picture when they are so silly! LOL


4 comments:

  1. I teared up immediately when reading about Kien and Mommy Karin. : (

    As for indentifications, . . . the first one is a common grasshopper. : ) The second, . . . hmm, better ask MLE. : ) Some kind of lizard or gecko? ; )

    Love,
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat stories but I wonder how they can make it with you gone! You accomplish so much every day! The insect is a locust and the reptile is a gecko. Wish I had been there to see them! That would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I'm crying now! Kien will grow up knowing how loved he must be. Look how many people wanted him! What a precious story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our resident blog biologist says: "Geckos are clean, never carry disease, and they are great for insect control. It is much better for the earth to have geckos than to spray for unwanted insects which all too many people do including my mother. I would LOVE to have the geckos at my front door. I hope they will treasure the geckos, observe them, learn about them and teach their children the joys of geckos. They are important for a healthy earth. I send my congratulations to the Texas Walsh family—they know a treasure when they see one."
    Long live the geckos!!!

    ReplyDelete