Friday, January 29, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

How fortunate that I flew today instead of tomorrow! With the weather reports, it doesn't sound like anything will be moving tomorrow! But we are hoping to have LOTS of fun in the snow in the morning!!!

After picking up Kevin from school, we stopped to visit Mommy's grave. Someone has STOLEN her wreath AND stand!!! WHY??? It was turned backwards the last time I was here, and again when Noelle was here two weeks ago. And now gone. The Valentine mylar balloons which Noelle brought are still there. If it were a kid, wouldn't they have taken the balloons? Would an adult be that mean to desecrate a grave??? Kevin found a stick and placed it on Mommy's grave. What a sweet love offering!


At the apartment, I was getting some cuddle time from my boy while we looked at the puzzles in a Highlights magazine. ...until Daddy tried to take a picture, and then boys have to be boys.

We went out to dinner tonight as the snow was beginning to fall. Steve chose a fun restaurant -- Spice Street. The food was better than excellent! Kevin devoured a good portion of my soup and salad!

The music changed to an exotic beat and a belly dancer appeared! She danced around the room, then engaged a man to dance with her. I said to Steve, "She is going to come dance with you," and she did!!! Unfortunately, I did not have my camera nor do I know how to use his IPhone. Steve was VERY cool! The other people she danced with were just silly, but he was suave. Then she danced with KEVIN!!! Adorable!!! Steve grabbed his IPhone but not in time to catch a dancing shot. She started to walk away, saw that he was going to take a picture, and came back to pose with Kevin.

When we left, Kevin exclaimed how much he liked the place and that he wanted to come back again on a Friday night to see the belly dancer!

On the way to the car, he bent down to dig some flowers out from their snowy blanket. Steve said, "Yellow flowers under snow." I told him that sounded like a poem! Kevin continued marching through the flowers,

then was impressed by his shoe treads in the snow. On the way to the car, he danced through puddles. I asked if his name was Greg.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun evening at the restaurant. I wish I had been there to see the dancing! Maybe you can start the poem on a sheet of paper:
    Yellow flowers under the snow.... and during the next few days, add a line here and there and together the three of you--with lots of help from Kevin--can write your very own poem. I think Kevin would like that.
    MLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally disgusted that the entire wreath was gone from Karin's grave!!! I'm telling you that I stuck it WAY into the ground and someone would have had to forceably remove it! Ugh.

    Okay, . . . shifting gears to a more positive tone. ; ) I am so glad you were able to enjoy a fun/busy/dancy night even with the pending weather! : ) I can't wait to see the snow pics tomorrow! . . . and I wish we got to see some yellow flowers under the snow! : )

    ReplyDelete