Monday, April 18, 2011

Grampa's Birthday

Our major project today was to prepare for Grampa's birthday. Kevin helped me make a carrot cake. Later when it was cool, he helped frost it.


This afternoon, Kevin and I went shopping for a birthday present and cards for Grampa. We stopped in at Bombay first. I wanted to find a small clock for his new office space on our lower level. Kevin picked out the perfect one! Grampa approved!

Kevin's name is Kevin Byron after Grampa Grant Byron. On Grampa's BD card envelope, he wrote "Grampa Birin." :)

Kevin wanted to play outside before dinner with Guinness tied to the tree. Grant came in to ask if I knew what he was doing. Kevin had taken large rocks from the decorative rock lining our condo driveway, placing one neatly in the center of each concrete section of our patio sides. Grampa was disturbed. I thought it was very clever and creative!!! Though it did need to be put away. I had to take pictures first, of course!!! LOL



Then we took Grampa to dinner to celebrate his birthday.

I had so many hopes for more outdoor activities in late April! I thought Kevin could help me plant some pansies and clean up some of the dead plants, but it is just too cold! We had snow flurries again today. Poor Guinny has not gone to doggie park this week. I also wanted Grampa to help Kevin learn to ride his bicycle without training wheels this week. Doesn't look like that will happen. :(

We had cake at home. Kevin placed 19 candles on the cake, then helped Grampa blow them out. I said I wasn't sure Grampa could do it by himself. So Grampa insisted he had to prove he could, and he DID! Then Kevin wanted to prove he could blow them all in one breath too. He almost made it. Just a couple on the edges did not go out. I guess he is ready to be a teenager if he can blow out 17 candles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment