Saturday, May 21, 2011

Boys, Dogs, and Ball

Daddy's Boy, before Daddy had to leave for work

This morning, I was relaxing on the sofa and reading a book on my iPhone with Duke snuggled up to and on me and Daisy nearby. The dogs sleep with/on me every night I am here. Always. A couple of days ago, I was napping on the sofa. I knew that Duke had climbed up on the sofa and lay on top of my feet. When I awakened, I discovered Daisy was above my pillow AT my head! It is nice to be loved. Of course, I get the same treatment at home with Guinness.

It was my job today to take the dogs to the vet. I asked Jeremy to assist me. On the way home, I stopped at the grocery store for some things for dinner while he stayed in the car with the dogs. Then we stopped at Starbucks. I bought him a frozen double chocolate chip hot chocolate! He loved it and shared a taste with Gabe. Gabe loved it too and ran away with it!


Double duck. Karin bought a backup duck when she discovered how much Kien LOVED the duck. Good thing! It has come in handy many times! This year, the second one lived at Preschool for naptime there. Now he has both at home and was taking advantage of the double dose.

A surprise came in the mail today! A quilt for each of the little boys made by their Great Aunt Ruth in Michigan!!!


We had storytime this afternoon.

Greg took some pix of me holding Gabe, then said. "You look like twins except 60 years apart.” Sweet and honest son…. But he is right!!! And I thought Gabe was totally a Walsh! He has some Herne too!

Tonight was Brandy’s ROTC Military Ball. She looked gorgeous!!!



She and Justin met in ROTC.



For dinner tonight, I made BLTs, corn on the cob, and strawberry shortcake. Before we sat down at the table with plates served, Duke and Daisy helped themselves to one of Jeremy’s sandwiches! :-0 I have never seen them do that before when people were right there in the room with them!!! Kienie Bean wasn’t very happy with his tomato or mayonnaise on his sandwich, but he loved the bacon and corn. Both boys LOVED strawberry shortcake. I asked Cathi how they were doing with it. She said, “Listen…. Do you hear anything?” They were silent and spooning it in.

Greg’s Miata broke down, so Cathi had to go rescue him. She took the two little ones. Kien was delighted that Daddy needed to be rescued. He said, “I am going to turn into a super hero. I’m going to save my Dad. I have the rescue sword.”

No comments:

Post a Comment