Sunday, May 22, 2011

From Super Heroes to Flying Fish

Brandy asked Kien this morning if he rescued Daddy last night. He said, “I pressed this white button and I turned into a cape. And I flew and got my super hero friend Marco and my super hero friend Jordan (both from his Preschool class). And we flew and rescued Daddy!” Quite the imagination! LOL

Brandy and Jeremy have taught Gabe to flex his muscles.

Then he laughs.


After breakfast, Kien asked me about Kevin’s car. Stunned me for a minute, because the Odyssey they have was purchased by Steve and Karin when preparing to adopt the two Vietnamese babies, Kien and Aria. I didn’t know if he was asking about that or what?! I told him Kevin and his daddy have a small, blue BMW for just the two of them. Then I said, “Kevin has a new mommy! Would you like to see her?” So I showed him some of their wedding pictures. In one of the pictures, we can see Kevin’s blue BMW.


Leaving for church. The black dirt on the sidewalk behind the boys is a fire ant mound which developed overnight!

Taking the boys to their classrooms.



Fellowship Church is always an experience. Ed Young’s sermons are unique and attention-grabbing. Today’s began with a clip from “Pinocchio” with the song “Jiminy Cricket,” focusing on “give a little whistle, give a little whistle, and always let your conscience be your guide.” Conscience was the theme, with the sermon revolving around Schwarzenegger and his escapades. Besides conscience (and Ed usually sang and whistled with each mention of the word), he talked about character, Christian commitment, credibility and much more. Arnold (and Tiger) will lose business, reputation, legacy, respect, as a result. It is what happens when we disobey God’s laws. Great sermon! But a man collapsed during it. Two or three rows of people had to be displaced and the chairs removed for the 9 paramedics to get to him. The end report was that the man was OK. We prayed for the man, and we should pray for those who are ignoring the whistle of conscience.

After church, we headed for lunch somewhere on the way to the airport. Not sure what Greg was thinking, but he kept us all in the dark wondering where we were going as he navigated through all the little streets he could find on the way to the airport. He finally ended up at Razzoo’s – a Nawlins restaurant. He thought I would like something unusual. Ack! Crawfish? No thank you! But I found they do have GREAT “hamboigers!”


Nearby, Bass Pro Shop (next door to the Embassy where their wedding reception was held) has large fish in giant tanks.




The boys liked the boat!

I needed new sunglasses (to have a spare the next time I “lose” mine!). Jeremy liked my choice, so we are twins!

Grandma and Gabe.

When Kien realized we were delivering me to the airport, he said he didn’t want me to go! I promised to be back soon (I hope!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment