Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Day in the Life...

After accomplishing an appointment back home, Grandma returned to TX. Cathi and the little boys met me at the airport. Gabe was asleep, but Kien gave me lots of love. We had to pick up a part for Daddy and deliver it to MAACO before going home. Gabe awoke from napping in the car to find we were parked at Daddy’s work. He began screaming, “Dayee! Dayee! Dayee!” So cute. He LOVES his Daddy!!! Daddy finally appeared and carried him around a bit before we had to leave.

We needed to hurry home to be there when the AC repairman arrived. It was 80 in the house. With the windows open and the breeze blowing, I was finally was warm!!!! The little boys and the dogs were cornered in the family room to be away from the repairman, so we watched Toy Story. Kien played stuntman while Gabe did not take his eyes off the screen! Cathi says that only Toy Story, Mary Poppins, and Finding Nemo hold Gabe's attention. It didn’t hold my attention, and I feel asleep. When I awoke, Kien was cuddled with me on the sofa.

Kien with his faithful ducky.

Once the AC was fixed, I had to don a sweater. Brrrr…

We had dinner at Olive Garden. Gabe wasn't happy about leaving the house, so Daddy gave him one of his motorcycles on display on a high shelf. He is clutching it here as we are being seated at the table. Of course, Daddy had to find another suitable one for Kien to cherish also.

The evening turned out to be too much for a baby boy...

On the way home, Kien sang “Here I am to Worship” over and over. It was soooo cute, so I finally turned on my camera to catch a bit of it! Note he is strumming his left hand as if playing guitar!
Copy this link into your browser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck5g0m6eXVU

When I returned to TX today, I had no luggage, so I brought an old suitcase from my attic full of Greg’s childhood artwork, Boy Scout stuff, school reports, and other memorabilia. It was very heavy, so the $25 charge as one checked bag was cheaper than a shipping fee would have been! He had fun going through everything tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment