Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lots of Laughs All Day

When I first arrived, Gabe was happy to see me and quite willing to let me hold him. Yesterday and today, he laughs when he sees me, but he does not want me to hold him! This morning, Greg called me to watch how he can get off their bed by himself. As soon as I appeared, he climbed back onto the bed next to Daddy and laughed hysterically. Greg repeatedly told me to come as Gabe was starting to get off the bed. Immediately, he would scramble back to Daddy while belly laughing.

Both little boys (or should I say "the three little boys" ha!) enjoyed playing with Gabe's presents this morning!



We went to Greg and Cathi's church, the Fort Worth Satellite of Fellowship Church. The lead preacher was away, so another staff preacher gave the video sermon. He began by talking about the Miami Satellite congregation and being at Miami's South Beach. He spoke of he and his wife going in a direction on the beach where they were told amazing things would unfold. As they walked, more and more unfolded and unfolded until there were fat wrinkles everywhere, and he coined a new word: fatulous.

On the way home from church, Cathi asked everyone to tell what they had learned that morning at church. My response was that South Beach Miami has a nude beach. They were all aghast at me. They didn't believe that he had described a nude beach; simply a beach were everyone was fat. I thought maybe they didn't want the kids to know about the nude beach. So I looked it up online to prove my point to Greg and Cathi. The truth had totally gone over their heads! LOL

I came to Texas wanting to take a photo of my 5 grandchildren together. Getting everyone to cooperate is not an easy task! It was to happen this morning while everyone was dressed for church. In fact, when Brandy appeared ready for church in a shirt with huge lettering on it, I asked her to change to something that would look better in a group photo. She willingly obliged me. The portrait did not happen, because Gabe fell asleep.

So I asked Brandy to pose for me before changing her clothes.

We agreed that the pool would be the place for the photo. Nope, a "formal" portrait did not happen. But I did take these:







Brandy is on the swim team at school, so I asked her to demonstrate for me. Wow! She is a strong, fast swimmer, but it was hard to take a photo capturing her talent. Here is a back stroke.

I think this was the breast stroke. (With Kevin under water in the foreground.)

I finally had my Mexican dinner with Margarita tonight. So yummy!!!


Greg loves taking mystery detours with surprise endings. On the way home, we stopped at Blockbuster, then a park near their house. The perfect spot for a grandchildren's portrait!!! But first, some playtime for the overly eager children. The oppressive heat (can you believe *I* am saying that?!) of the day had abated, making a pleasant evening.

Kien enjoying the swing with Brandy absorbed in her iPod.


Finally, after dinner, my chance came to take a photo of my 5 grandchildren together at the park. This is my favorite shot:

Alternates included these:



Wish I remembered why I was laughing in this one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment