Thursday, August 5, 2010

Traveling to Texas

This morning, Adam came again to be with Kevin while I attended my Rotary meeting. As soon as we took Adam home, we had to take Guinness to his pet hotel. He is staying in a villa -- a private room with a TV on the Animal Planet. Kevin and I went in to see Guinny's villa and say goodbye. Guinness's barks immediately blended in with the cacophony of noise which we were glad to leave behind!

We made it to our flight on time despite a border wait. The flight attendant stood right beside our seat while giving a dramatic rendition of safety procedures. Kevin was very intrigued by the presentation, making fascinating facial expressions with his eyebrows as he listened intently to the instructions.

I love tracking where we are flying on a clear day. Today, I noted that we were traveling a bit farther north than the normal route from Buffalo to Chicago. I was watching for Lake Michigan to appear and was stunned to see that we were looking down on Norton Shores and my brother's house!!! It wasn't until it was too late that I thought to take a picture! I am sure Gary would have liked to have seen it!

In Chicago, I pulled one of my stupid stunts. I grabbed the wrong computer case from the overhead bin. As I deplaned, and went to pull up the handle, I noted it was not mine. I fought the onslaught of departing passengers declaring that I had the wrong computer case. No one claimed it until the last man off who found only my case to be in the bin! I nearly had a heart attack worrying that someone had already taken off with my case while I was left holding theirs.

After landing in Texas, I began texting Cathi. Once we came into baggage claim, I did not see her, so pulled out my phone to call her. She was there -- taking a picture of me calling her! You will note that Kevin is no where near me!!! He had seen them and run off to them with me oblivious to his absence.

My four grandsons!

Once we arrived at the house, Jeremy pulled out his skateboard, and Kien took a skateboard from the garage to the street as if he did it everyday!!! (Actually, this was his FIRST time to do such a thing!)




Kevin tried riding too! He and Kien did much better than I would on a first try!!!


Greg has told us about a gas station which houses a gourmet restaurant. He took us there tonight. Interesting place!

Gabe has decided that I am not so scary after all. In fact, he even liked me!

Kevin is thrilled to be with his cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment