Friday, January 7, 2011

Day of Running

Lots of running this morning. First, Jeremy had to be at school extra early. Then back home for Brandy to take her to school. I learned last night she is studying the Civil War right now. So I told her about my great great grandfather's diary and the book I am writing. As she jumped out, she said, "I have something interesting to tell my teacher today!" Then I realized... too bad we had not had this conversation earlier in the week. Maybe I could have talked to her class! Oh, well...

The little boys go to Mother's Day Out Wednesdays and Fridays. Now that Grandma knows where to go, I took Kien to his class while Mommy took Gabe.

First, he ran to the little kitchen and got inside it (green shirt).

Then he ran out...

and jumped into the train (I think?). Busy boy!!!

Even though Mommy is doing very well, Grandma can still move a lot faster. I was back at Gabe's room (and their two rooms could not be farther apart! Not good for Mommy in the coming weeks!) before Mommy had left. She was watching Gabe through the one-way window. Since his back was to us, I snapped this shot.

What did Mommy and Grandma accomplish in the intervening hours? Mommy had physical therapy while Grandma mopped the kitchen floor and vacuumed a few rooms. I LOVE the vacuum I bought for Cathi for Christmas! An Electrolux Oxygen. I want one!!!! It is so lightweight and easy to maneuver! Perfect for Cathi right now.

Then we were back for the boys. Kien wisely asked Grandma to carry his backpack and lunchbox, whereas Gabe is an I-can-do-it-myself type of boy.

They MUST sit in these childsize seats before moving on!

Outside, they both ran away from the parking lot, and Grandma had to retrieve them one by one flying them like an airplane.

Mommy had some errands to run. After the first store, we sat in the vehicle and watched the Wiggles. Both had entranced faces until the camera turned towards Kien, so I couldn't get his cute pic.

Grandma intended to do a slow cooker meal for tonight. Somehow that did not happen, plus dinner hour came quite late by the time Daddy was home. The kids (except Gabe) stayed home while we enjoyed a steak dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment