Monday, January 3, 2011

Managing Kids

Grandma needed some negotiation skills this morning. Both wanted to play with the firetruck. Grandma was successfully able to interest Gabe in the garbage truck.

Grandma always has to have a cookie break mid-morning. Gabe caught me nibbling and wanted some. I gave him several little bits of my cookie. Each time I handed him one, he said, "Thank you"!!!! So sweet!!!

Kien wanted a drink while watching a video, so I moved the highchair to be where he could see the TV from the kitchen while drinking his juice.

Jeremy was working on his math homework tonight and needed some help while I was washing dishes. Brandy gave him the information he needed, but I was curious to see if I could do 8th grade math! I could! :) He was finding the surface area of 3-D figures. I needed some prompting for the formula to use with a cylinder, but then it was a piece of cake.

Gabe working on a construction project.


Jeremy commented tonight that Kien is so acrobatic and can do great handstands. I asked how well he could do one, so he demonstrated.

Then he called Kien to do one. Wow!

Cathi mentioned Gabe will not listen to a story; he does not seem to be interested in books. I picked out a couple of books that would interest him and showed them to him. We sat and went through them page by page. He just needs some encouragement and the right books to grasp his attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment