Thursday, October 22, 2009

Myrtle Beach

I decided to attend the South Carolina Writers' Workshop in Myrtle Beach again this year. It was $200 cheaper to fly into Raleigh and rent a car than to fly to Myrtle Beach directly! Plus, that way I could see Kevin before and after the conference! Then I had an even better idea: I invited Steve and Kevin to come play at the beach while I was in sessions, and they accepted! Thus, I had a free ride and even a chauffeur!


We had a two bedroom/two bath condo with washer and dryer! Very lovely!!!

The first night, Kevin slept in the extra bed in my room.

We didn't have much of an "oceanview," as billed, from the windows, but we had a semi-decent view of the ocean from the balcony. I think that Kevin spent quite a bit of time coloring on the balcony when I was in sessions. Unfortunately, you can take that sentence literally as Daddy told me that he fortuitously stopped Kevin from coloring on the stucco walls on the outside of the building! :-0

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to have some fun time with Kevin. I know he enjoyed it as much as you did. Hope you enjoyed the conference too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how ideas / plans come together like that! Beautiful space for your time together.

    ReplyDelete