Friday, May 14, 2010

It was one of those mornings... I was up at 6 AM, and Kevin awoke at 6:30 -- 1 to 1.5 hours early! I suggested he lie on the sofa, and I turned on the TV for him, hoping he would go back to sleep. He didn't, but he did relax. I fixed him scrambled eggs for breakfast and asked his opinion on lunch options. He said, "It is pizza Friday! I have to bring money." Fine. But he didn't know how much.

Once we were at school, I asked how much they needed. It is NOT pizza Friday. I told his teachers that I had to go to a dealership in the next town today to have Steve's car serviced (My idea to help him out!). If I went home then to make lunch, I would return during Circle Time. They assured me that was fine. So I ran home, made lunch, made the delivery, and headed for the dealership.

Since this is my last full day, I began gathering my things including the multiple Mother's Day cards Kevin made for me. I thought this one with his phonetic spelling was especially cute --



I picked him up after school with everything we needed to head to Heather's apartment and pool. We stopped at McDonald's for a milkshake as an after school snack on a hot day.



It was a very fun afternoon which ended with taking Heather to dinner at a steak house.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am going to miss phonetic spelling SO very much! I have been purposely giving simple praise to Leia's writing, . . . so as not to discourage her to stop. ; ) But something tells me, I only have a couple of months left of this. : )

    ReplyDelete