Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's/Grandmother's Day

This morning, Kevin wanted to eat his breakfast before giving me any presents. First, I opened the box from Greg, Cathi, and family -- heart shaped garden stones, each with the name of a grandchild including Kevin! He was very impressed! They will look lovely in my garden. I just hope stepping on them won't break them!!!

Then Kevin gave me a giant card,

plus paper flower, beaded butterfly keychain, and a wallhanging of grandma descriptions -- the funniest is -- "When my grandma is not taking care of me, and all of my needs, she likes to -- "bounce on the trampoline." :)

We went to their old church this morning and saw lots of friends. As was usual, we were the last to leave.

My request was to go to Bruegger's to pick up bagel sandwiches and Caribou Coffee drinks next door and go to a park for a picnic. As we walked out of Bruegger's/Caribou, an older couple spoke to Kevin, and I thought I recognized them from church as friends. But they were total strangers. ha! Kevin is always super friendly with anyone and everyone; he knows no strangers. The lady asked Kevin his name, and she said her name is Annarella, but everyone calls her Cinderella. I said, "Then we HAVE to take your picture with Kevin!"

Then they offered to take our picture.

Picnic time at the park.

Kevin is learning to swing across the monkeybars.

We met a little friend at the park. They had fun playing together on the play equipment, then playing hide and seek, and finally wandering away from us making us chase them. They stopped at a pool with pollywogs!


By the way, Daddy was telling me Friday night after I first arrived that Kevin is becoming very argumentative. He said that Kevin will take a position opposite Daddy's, even when he does not know much about it, just for the sake of argument. I said, we have a new potential occupation to add to Kevin's list: lawyer!

Speaking of intelligence, I am quite surprised at the curriculum that Kevin is leaning at his Montessori school at "kindergarten" level. He is learning cursive, his addition in his head is very, very good, plus he is learning multiplication!

We had to leave for Daddy to finish packing and catch his plane to California for the week. After dropping off Daddy, we bought some things at the grocery store including a fresh rose for Mommy on Mother's Day.

After setting it in place, Kevin asked what bird was in the tree near Mommy. It was a bluebird!!! Even though the bluebird is the state bird of two states where we have lived (Missouri and New York), this is only the second time I have seen a bluebird! The first was in Karin's backyard after coming home from Vietnam with Kien. I told Kevin that it was "the bluebird of happiness" -- Mommy was happy that we brought her a fresh pink rose. (photo from the Internet!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Nina, the bluebird of happiness is so very special! : ) Truly a sign! Happy Mother's day to you! . . . but would Karin approve of a picture of a bluebird with a BUG in his mouth? LOL. : )

    ReplyDelete