Friday, November 26, 2010

Bedroom, Shopping, Dogs

Kevin and I spent the morning completing Daddy's mandate to "settle" Kevin's room including hanging pictures. I have been working on the project all week, sorting books (as you know), organizing his stuff, etc. He does have a flair for decorating! It is interesting to watch. We moved his dresser and unloaded his bookshelf to relocate it. I have moved many a collection of books at libraries in my day, so moving his shelf was no big deal. In fact, now that I think about it, I have rearranged the collection is almost every library I have worked in! Some people are better at organization that others! ;-)

We also moved a slider rocker Mommy loved from the guest room where Daddy had placed it in this house to Kevin's room as there was no reading chair in his room. Daddy is getting rid of the one he used to have.

There were five small items which hung or were on wall shelves in his old room (hummm... I wonder where those wall shelves are?! I had not thought of them until now!). I told him we should hang them as a grouping, so laid them on the floor and played with various arrangements. Our final arrangement was one he created!

The grouping includes a Wysocki plate of a cat looking like Spunky among books, a child's hat from Vietnam, a china rose plaque Mommy liked, a cross with John 3:16, and a painted church steeple from the area where Kevin was born in Russia.


While getting ready for our afternoon jaunt, Kevin went out to ride his bike on the cul-de-sac. The dogs escaped with him, so we had to run around the neighborhood corralling them first.

He had a ball riding through the puddle. ha! At least, he pulled his legs up.

Then he showed me he could stand on his bike without holding on. His riding skills are definitely improving since this summer when we started!

On our errand/shopping trip this afternoon, we bought some bins to store seasonal books, the scrapbooks Mommy and Grandma have made for him, and memorabilia he and Mommy have collected.

Daddy called while we were shoe shopping. We were supposed to decorate the tree tonight, but he expressed he wanted to do that alone with Kevin after I leave as he is feeling sentimental about it. Last year at Christmas, they had just moved out of their house and only put up the pop-up tree. So this is the first time to pull out all of Karin's Christmas things. He thought I would be upset, but I am overjoyed that he placed some sentimentality on the tree. He also said he wouldn't be home until tomorrow. Kevin has been missing him, so that was not welcome news. Also Saturday morning, we were supposed to go through a storage unit yet to be emptied to find the harp figurines I had intended to take home -- my whole reason for driving down here!

Tonight, Kevin was using Guinness as a pillow.

After I took a picture, he wanted photos of cuddling with Jack too.

Then he tried to cuddle both at once. Guinness's nose is sticking out between Jack and Kevin. ha!

1 comment:

  1. Kevin created a nice wall arrangement! And I truly hope that the sentiment surrounding the tree holds true.

    ReplyDelete