Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dogs, Thanksgiving, and Christmas

While at my computer this morning, this is how the dogs were: one of either side of my stool.

After taking the picture, they began wrestling again.


I spent an hour on the phone this morning with Bell Canada trying to figure out why no one can call me on my iPhone when I am in the US. Steve came along and took over the conversation with technical jargon. Steve spent at least three hours on working out the problem -- both with Bell and on his own. It is a problem the tech had never heard of before and consulted with Apple to find a solution. Steve finally found a workaround: I have to turn off "Enable 3G" when on an AT&T network, which forces it to use an older version of AT&T and works more slowly. But, people can CALL me!!!

Kevin and I had to go out running errands. When we returned, Steve explained my phone situation to me, and the dogs both came for loving. I guess, they missed me! Kevin took the photo.

Kevin helped me make pumpkin muffins and a pecan pie today! He loved putting the nuts on top! Don't you think he did well?

Then we started decorating for Christmas. Kevin is really into this!!! Here are some of his accomplishments:
BTW, the little cardboard house is a 3-D puzzle which he did ALL by himself!!!


This is in his playroom.

This is in his bedroom. We bought the little singing tree at Hallmark today. The angel playing the harp is the angel he started calling Mommy and kissing when Mommy died. It has been in his bedroom every since.

While blogging tonight, Kevin called to me from his bed. He wanted me to see him hugging Jack in bed, so I ran for my camera like a dutiful grandmother! ha!

But then, a few minutes later, Jack scratched him under the eye.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic to the dogs on either side of your stool. They KNOW faithful love and won't get too far from it. Maybe their play if showing off for you or competing for you??

    Kevin has his Grandma woven into so many deep threads of his life...cooking, his clothing, his house, his heritage...you will never be out of mind even when you're apart.

    Steve was a real champ to dig through this remote challenges of telco on your behalf. Nice gift to you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great pie, Kevin! : ) And I am glad that Steve worked out your phone kinks. Looks like a fun holiday time!

    ReplyDelete