Monday, November 23, 2009

Back to School and Texas life

Monday morning: back to school for Kevin. Look what someone brought! Yum!!! I thought this was very clever, and I knew I would never remember it if I didn't take a picture. Years ago, I made a turkey head out of felt to slip over the bottom of a fresh, uncut pineapple lying down with the leaves as the tail -- which I still have to use as a centerpiece.

I went on a fruitless shopping trip. Two of the stores I wanted to visit were closed! I guess, that says something about the economy! And I packed boxes for Daddy -- closets and videos. I left the Thanksgiving and Christmas videos and CDs out to watch for a couple more weeks.

While I am here, I am picking up Kevin after school at 3 instead of him going to the after school program until 6. He helped me sort the videos to pass on to Kien (and Gabe), and we watched a couple of Christmas videos. Well, Kevin did. Grandma fell asleep! Grandma caught Kevin's nasty cold. But who can reject those nice kisses I am getting?!

Look what extravagant Grampy sent!!! :)


This evening, we went shopping for a child's version of Phantom of the Opera since we are going to see it Thursday evening! No luck. Then we went shopping for a winter jacket that fits. Now we have a 4T coat to ship to Kien too (though it will probably fit Gabe first! :-0 ). We also have a stack of 4T clothes to send as Kevin is definitely a 5 now. He is 45 inches tall!

Speaking of Gabe, Daddy Greg emailed a video last week of Gabe talking to the Glowworm that Kien never liked and wearing a robot shirt that Karin bought for Kevin, because Steve likes robots.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Gabe definitely looks a lot like Greg now. Probably Kathi too but I do see Greg pretty strongly. So cute. I can tell that he finds the glowworm very interesting. Where can it be found? I'm going to look for one.

    MLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gloworm can be found at Walmart or Target :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathi, what song does it play?

    ReplyDelete