Thursday, November 19, 2009

Grandma Is Back in NC!

I arrived this afternoon after two very bumpy flights, both with early arrival times! Then discovered that I had no car. Avis was OUT of cars! After riding the Avis shuttle, then the Enterprise shuttle, I finally have a nice Corolla. My husband forgot to book my car, and Steve forgot to turn in the form so that I could pick Kevin up. With my unexpected extra time, I stopped to visit with the manager of the cemetery before visiting Karin's grave. Kevin's and my grass has grown except in a couple of spots. She assured me that they will dig up the top four inches in the spring and replace it with topsoil, plus reset the marker so that mud doesn't puddle on it.

Next stop: the grocery store, then I began preparing dinner before Steve arrived so that we could pick up Kevin from his after school program. An easy meal with acorn squash. Kevin liked the applesauce and sausage, but wasn't keen on a pumpkin-like squash. :\
BTW -- If you don't know why he is "bald," lice are going around his school. Daddy did the easy/smart thing and shaved his head last week!

Kevin giving Daddy a tummy raspberry. What can a Daddy do after having given him a zillion over the past few years!! LOL


We all wanted dessert, so as Steve was pulling out ice cream, I looked up Goodberrys' daily tweet and saw that Peppermint was the flavor of the day, plus Santa and Christmas entertainment were at an open-air mall location. Off we went! Kevin eating one of Daddy's cherries!



We found Santa!!! What a nice man he is!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute photos with Santa! What is making Kevin's wish list this Christmas? I have no idea what appeals to children now. I need to start paying attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tummy raspberries are a lot less cute on a chunky Mamma. LOL. These Santa pictures are SO sweet! : )

    ReplyDelete