Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life is Good

I brought Kevin a huge Mr. Potato Head with 50 pieces and a total of 5 Potato Heads to decorate. He dressed them all up before school.

I took him to school this morning and stayed through the first part. They began with recess as the day was going to be a scorcher and they would not be able to go outside later. Kevin and the girls of the class stood in a line to climb up the front of the slide, then slide down. They did this over and over again. The "game" had dispersed by the time I tried to capture a shot.

After recess, the Yoga teacher arrived. She read a cute story to them. As she mentioned the animals' names in the story, they were to do the Yoga pose for that animal. Very cute activity!

In this picture, they are dogs.

Now, they are cows.

While Kevin was at school, I began sorting and organizing things to begin the packing project for moving. As I worked in the third bedroom, the dogs joined me and cuddled up on the treadmill. I went to get my camera, but they were standing up when I returned. I got them to sit together. Even though this is cute, it does not compare to the shot I missed of them lying snuggled up together!

I picked Kevin up after school. First stop was to buy more packing tape at a packaging store which also sells local crafts. Kevin got inside this dress while hanging on the hanger! :-0 Fortunately, the shop keeper found this to be very funny too!

Next stop was at the bank, then Goodberry's for some frozen custard on a very hot day! I had to include most of this sequence of photos. It was too funny! It was so hot that his custard was melting faster than he could lick.







Finally, I told him to bite the bottom of the cone and suck the custard out!

At home, I showed him the books I had brought to him out of my attic -- books that were his Mom's. We looked through them and read some. I brought three Ed Emberley learning to draw books, four Halloween books (Aunt Cathi does not like Halloween, so she would never want her kids to have these books which were also Greg's), a Russian fairytale (The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship), plus I purchased a beginning to read book about Jesus.

We waited too late to begin thinking about dinner, and we were starving. Kevin was helping Daddy find something for us to eat in the fridge. Daddy was being silly and tickling Kevin. Take note of the dogs in this sequence. They were funny too!




Before bed, the dogs had been playing. They are best friends!!! Guinness carries on with barking as if he is not enjoying the playtime, but his tail is wagging. Then when Guinness stops chasing Jack, Jack begins bitting Guinness's ears to make him chase some more! Kevin wanted to be part of the play, so sat on Guinness. You can see from this sequence that Guinness managed to get Kevin off of him!


No comments:

Post a Comment