Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday

The first night in the house, it was only me, as Steve and Kevin were camping until late this morning. Using Kevin's bookcase, I barricaded the dogs upstairs on carpeted floors to prevent them from scratching the downstairs hardwood while on my watch!


I slept on Kevin's single mattress on the floor of his room. A new full size bed and furniture will be arriving for Kevin in the near future.

I wondered what the dogs would do -- if I might be totally pushed out of bed. In the apartment, Guinness slept with me in Kevin's single bed and Jack slept on the floor beside me. I don't think he could jump up that high.

Guinness climbed on the mattress with me and Jack lay down beside me! Until early morning. Guinness moved off the bed and allowed Jack to lie on the mattress with me! :-0

I was sad to not be taking Kevin to church today. When he found out I would be going to church a couple of days ago, he said, "But I like church too!"

I enjoyed seeing Karin's, Steve's, Kevin's, and my old friends. Lots of hugs. And I asked for prayer for Steve as he finds his way, as he has closed God out of his life. So I am asking you to pray for him too! They were having a Potluck Lunch today and invited me to stay. Steve texted me saying they were home and asked if I was going to buy them lunch. (He intended that as a joke -- though I would have!) I told him to come for the Potluck, but he refused.

I expected to be busy helping to unpack as I have in his last two moves. But Steve is very uptight about this move now that we are in the house, and a bit cranky. ;-) He wants everything to be perfect -- his way.

Kevin finds joy in unpacking too, but of a different sort.

This evening, a "transparent" frog was on the backdoor!

This was the scene when I tucked Kevin into bed. But this placid scene only lasted a few minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I think Steve's true happiness will begin with a return to Church. Kevin's will follow.

    ReplyDelete