Monday, September 27, 2010

Interesting Developments

Before taking Kevin to school, we found Jack leading Guinness around by his leash!


Later, they were fighting over/playing with my Croc. Silly dogs!


Steve intended to do some shopping this morning for household goods, but his car wouldn’t start, so he took my SUV. Good thing he took my car, as he needed the extra space for all the stuff he brought home from Target!

The painters were working on Kevin's room when Kevin arrived home from school. He was able to watch his room be transformed.


AAA came and were unable to jump start Steve's car. It had to be towed in for servicing. Since BMWs cannot be taken out of Park when the engine is not running, it had to be dragged onto a flatbed tow truck.


There is very little in the new house that Karin lived with. Everything is or will be new. Kevin twirled in the empty family room. Soon the new furniture will arrive.

Cathi called today. She put Kien on the phone to say hello. He asked to speak to Grandpa. I told him that Grandpa was at home, and I was at Kevin's house. So he asked to speak to Kevin, but Kevin was at school. Later in the day, we spoke again. This time Kien and Kevin were able to say "hi" to each other.

Kevin drew the dragon from the Ed Emberley book tonight. :)

At bedtime, I received an earful from Kevin. He cried and cried, and didn't want to be alone, so I lay down with him for a while. He jabbered on and on between tears about many, many things. It all started with Mommy. Before he got in bed, he stared at a framed family photo taken on his Dedication Day. He got into bed talking about Mommy, how much he missed her, then he cried and cried. Between sobs, he squeaked out, "I have never cried so hard."

I sang Jesus songs to lull him, but it didn't work. Then he talked about God and church and how much he misses it. In the conversation, I mentioned that God did not make Mommy die. Satan did. He asked who Satan is. I told him it was another name for the devil. He didn't know who the devil was. I attempted a brief explanation, telling the story of Adam and Eve. He said he had never heard that story before. Then cried because he wants to know more about God and to know more Bible stories.

I tried singing "My Favorite Things" to cheer him up. It didn't. He said he couldn't remember the words, because he has not seen the movie or heard the CD in so long.

I think this move is particularly hard on him as it is on Daddy, and every portion of his little life is discolored as a result.

3 comments:

  1. I would have been crying just as hard as Kevin was. He has been through such difficult times. As I have said so many times, thank goodness he has you for a grandmother. I assume that Kevin understands that Karin was your little girl and knows how much you grieve and miss her too. Sweet little Kevin....as my own eyes well up with tears....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How heart-breaking that Kevin has to experience such painful times. Children are so, so vulnerable and powerless over the decisions adults make for them.

    Praying for much wisdom for all of you in whose hands his little heart is entrusted.

    Above all....God is now caring for him and will his entire life. May his young life be rooted in the strong, simple truths of God's love and faithfulness to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this post was absolutely heart-breaking, Nina, in so many ways. : (

    ReplyDelete