Friday, December 17, 2010

Going to Canada

Kevin had a short school morning as his final day before the Christmas break. His school booked two hours at a bounce house giving me time to run some errands for myself.

It ended with a gift exchange and sending home an ornament each child had made -- probably as a gift to their parents.

Kevin with his teacher.

Hanging his ornament --

Between a Russian Santa and his 2009 photo with Santa.

On the way to the airport, I asked Kevin if he wanted to visit Mommy, and he did. He is such an artist! He did not like the way I had positioned the wreath and wanted the bow at the top, so we had to remove all the twist ties and redo the whole thing. I have to admit, he was right! It did look better his way!

At the airport, I wanted a Starbucks and cookie while waiting for our flight. The baked cookies were not impressive looking today, but the packaged chocolate grahams are always yummy. I bought Kevin the milk chocolate ones while I had the dark chocolate. I may have started a new obsession for him too!

We brought along plenty of activity books to keep a boy busy!

The snack offered was Jet Blue's signature Blue Chips made from blue potatoes. Kevin insisted they were purple, not blue, and found them to be acceptable.

We had an hour at JFK. Kevin was intrigued with these innovative lounge seats and used some of his own innovation to have fun.



We finally made it home at 10:30 PM with a sleeping boy. Once awake, he was wired and eagerly ran around my house to see all the decorations, giving them his stamp of approval plus wanting to know how I did it.

I have several music boxes which he had fun inspecting. Among them, I had set out one which was his Mom's. She had it in her bedroom for much of her childhood. I told him he could have it. A special aspect of this music box is that you can watch how it works!

He found a bouquet of candy canes in the kitchen and decided to add his touch to my decorating.








No comments:

Post a Comment