Monday, December 27, 2010

Residual Christmas

The passenger wiper on my vehicle has not been wiping. We stopped in at the dealership for new wipers. While waiting, I opened the roof and Kevin popped through it. To get out of the service queue, a serviceman had to drive us through the service loop, giving Kevin a brief view of cars in the air being worked on.

The three of us had lunch at the new Turtle Jack's (one of our favorite places) near our house! The kids' menu has some great jokes for Kevin to learn:
Why did the turtle cross the road? The get to the Shell station.
What kind of phone did the turtle buy? A shell-phone.
What did the turtle wear to keep warm? A turtleneck.
and more... LOL

Santa left a teensy Spiderman in Kevin's stocking. It was to grow 600% in water. First, we placed it in a glass tumbler. Within a day, its hand was reaching out of the water, so we transferred it to the vase on the left. Today, its hand was reaching out of the vase. We had to find an even larger vase! This fella may grow too big for Kevin's suitcase!

Kevin wanted me to take photos of the gifts he gave me! He created this manger scene collage, now on my fridge, using some holographic wrapping paper for the star and angel wings. Note the humpbacked camel! :)

A tweety bird I had in this little bird cage broke many months ago when a little boy visited. We saw this beautiful solar songbird at my nursery and Kevin wanted to buy one for me for Christmas. I chose the bluebird, because Kevin's neighbors have bluebird boxes, thus we see them in his backyard all the time.

While in the car going to the grocery store, Kevin told me some things he wants to do when he is grown up! I have never heard him express this thought before. Here is his list: make movies, make toys, cook, plant flowers, be a fireman, and help people! Impressive!

As are most households, I assume, we are enjoying the Christmas dinner leftovers. Kevin especially loves the dressing with "sauce" on top. At each meal, he eats two hefty helpings.

Today is the day we were to have flown to Texas. We have no additional snow, but the entire East Coast is buried and we were to have flown through Philadelphia. Now that our stay here is lengthened, he is asking for reminders on our schedule until he goes home. Before bed, he commented that he loves Guinness, but he really misses Jack too. Then he asked, "Do you know who I miss the most?"
"No."
"Mommy!"
"Awwww.... me too!"

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you are not flying through GSP! Then I could run out and pick you up. We would have a great time in Greenville and we could take Kevin to see Furman. See how much fun we would have? Then I would take you back to the airport for a direct flight to DFW. :)

    ReplyDelete