Wednesday, March 9, 2011

West, Jack, Parties, and Irish

Kevin came out of school with this fabulous map!!! We talked about N, E, S, W as marked on his map. I asked where the sun sets. W. We looked at the sun 3/4s of the way across the sky, and I asked him where West would be judging from the sun's direction. He understood and was able to point to N, E, S, and W.

After school, we went to Petsmart to buy a new Gentle Leader for Jack. Steve kept them hanging on a coat tree at the front door. Since I always take them out the back door, I left them on the floor beside the door. Jack decided the plastic fastener his would make a good treat.

Beside Petsmart is A. C. Moore! Kevin LOVES crafts, so we went in to have a peek with the idea that they might do birthday parties! They do! So we collected the information for Steve and Kinga to consider a craft party! Of course, we had to buy a few things too... a package of two balsa airplane gliders and a painting kit with printed canvas, paints, and brushes. At the checkout counter was a St. Patty's Day button which blinks and says, "Kiss Me I'm Irish." I told Kevin Grampy is Irish. He said, "No, he's not. He's too grumpy. Irish are happy." :-0 Where did that come from? LOL

After dinner, Kevin built one glider and had fun swooping it around the great room and from the stairway loft over the great room. Then I noted he was on the OUTSIDE of the landing to the stairs!!!! He stood on top of the sofa back and shimmed up the wall!!!! Oh, my.... I told him, "I am glad you are moving out of this house!" This is way too dangerous for you!" Of course, I had to grab a picture before helping him down!

At bedtime, Jack was being awfully cute with his bone.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete