Sunday, March 13, 2011

Kevin's Parents Come Home!

Kevin and I arrived early for church -- a first for the Faulkner family. And we discovered that everyone comes at the last minute. I headed for our normal place to sit, but Kevin wanted to sit front and center on the very first row! So we did, though he found the music to be a bit loud there.

He wanted me to stay with him in his church-time class, but he was not as clingy as he was last week. His lesson was about Moses being asked by God to do things Moses thought he could not do. To illustrate this, the children were each given a cottonball. They were to walk across the room with it on their nose. No one could walk very far without it falling off... except... Kevin!!!! He walked the entire length of the room! LOL

To end that teaching moment, the teacher put a dab of Vaseline on each child's nose representing God's assistance. Then it was easy to walk without losing the cottonball.

Today, after church was a chili lunch as a fundraiser for this summer's VBS program. Since we had to pick up Daddy and Kinga at the airport at 1:30, we had planned to have lunch with them. While I chatted with friends, Kevin joined the chili group and was having lunch! So I paid for us, and we ate with our friends.

The joyous reunion with Daddy and Kinga was at baggage claim. If you look closely, you will see that Kevin is carrying a longstemmed white carnation for Kinga. Funny story: As we drove away, Kinga commented on how nice the bow was on the flower. I told her Kevin had tied that bow. Yesterday, after leaving the florist, Kevin did not like the way the ribbon was tied to the stem, so he untied it and redid it -- and he DID improve it!



Lunch with Daddy and Kinga.

At home, Kevin presented his parents with a wedding bouquet.

Before leaving Steve's new house, where Kevin, I, and the two dogs spent the week, for Kinga's home, they showed us their awesome wedding pictures. I am sorry we were not there to see my son-in-law marry my new step-daughter-in-law! A sequence of their wedding on March 10 in St. Lucia:








5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post about a beautiful homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot to say: Awesome teaching idea about Vaseline representing God's assistance! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of Steve and Kinga! And such a joyous homecoming! I think Kevin will enjoy his new family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job of helping Kevin make the homecoming for daddy and mommy a beautiful extension of the wedding trip! They look great together and I trust love will grow deep and strong for this precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely! I missed this when it happened, as I have been (mostly) off Facebook for Lent.

    ReplyDelete