Monday, March 7, 2011

Loving Friends

This morning as we left the driveway for school, we saw a young man, no more than 30, walking at the end of Kevin's street, wrapped in a blanket -- a homeless man. I have never seen a homeless man in this affluent city before. Kevin saw a homeless person in Toronto last year, sleeping on the sidewalk. We talked a bit about this man, but he did not fully comprehend what "homeless" means.

The dogs love each other and have a lot of fun together. So cute to watch...

I was stuck at the house today until my laptop was delivered by UPS. (Remember... it was left at home...) It finally arrived shortly before school was out.

Heather was not feeling well today, and came over to flake out on Steve's sofa in relative peace (while Kevin was at school). She went with me to pick up Kevin from school, and then we drove to the cemetery again to make sure our flowers where still intact! Yesterday, there was a hurricane-type storm for about 30 minutes, and I feared we may have to start from scratch with the flowers, but they were fine.

We had pizza together, then Heather needed to leave. Kevin danced on her feet all the way to the door.



We don't have many books to read in this empty house, but I had downloaded "Winnie the Pooh" to my iPhone, so we are reading a chapter at bedtime while lying in bed. I love it (the style of reading), and Kevin does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment