Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I awakened Grant wishing him a Happy Father's Day at 5:45 AM as I left to catch a plane to NC.

Upon my arrival in NC, the first thing Kevin showed me, after hugs and kisses, was his VERY loose top, front tooth! Then he told me what he gave his Daddy for Father's Day -- he straightened up the apartment! What a sweet boy!

Kevin warned me that his puppy is "CRRRAAAZYYYY" and showed me a big scratch he has from Jack. He is a very cute puppy, is learning his potty training lessons, and doing very well at keeping Kevin occupied and happy. Guinness sent one of his toys to his new little nephew. Jack loves it!

A couple of hours later, Kevin pulled out his tooth! He is so much braver than I ever was! LOL Or Karin!

The tooth was floating around the apartment, so I suggested we put it in his tooth fairy pillow. Daddy knew where the pillow was; Kevin found it and set the tooth on top of the pillow. I pointed out that it has a pocket on the back for the tooth. He insisted the pocket is for the money, not the tooth, because, when he put another tooth in the pocket, the tooth fairy did not come. The tooth fairy only came if the tooth was on top of the pillow. (As I am typing this, I reminded The Tooth Fairy of his duty! ha!)

Kevin was slow on becoming interested in art, but has been "into" art for many months now. Today he drew an attractive graphic design on this cloth.

Kevin dressed himself this morning in long pants. The day was a bit warm for long pants, so I suggested that he put shorts on. Well, he got as far as removing his long pants, but ran around in his undershorts all afternoon. After endlessly needling him to pull on some shorts, he did. But look at the shirt/short combination! ugh! When I made a disparaging comment, Daddy said, "What's wrong with that? They both have red in it, and they both have lines. They match perfectly!" Men!!!

Kevin wanted active physical play with me, and I was too tired... after burning the candle at two ends with four hours of sleep -- one end to unpack and repack and the other end to catch a flight -- I needed a nap myself (which did not happen). After playing horsey back rides, motorboat, and big tickles, I tried to relax by lying on the floor to play "angel." He did much better at achieving the position this time than in the past. Once he came close to balancing without holding on!

After dinner, we stopped to see the house, and I asked if we could go inside. What fun! It will be a wonderful house! There are two (possibly three) rooms that Kevin could choose for his bedroom. First he declared a front bedroom with two lovely windows was his room. Then we showed him a middle bedroom with a huge window looking down the backyards of everyone on his street. Plus there is another bedroom beside the room which will be his playroom. As a teenager, I can see that playroom being a teen hangout.
Father and son looking out the family room windows to the backyard.

Looking down on the family room.

Climbing the stairs.


Bathtime with Jack hoping for some action too!

Once Kevin was in bed, what's a dog to do? Oh, my, he found LOTS to do as I worked on this blog... He gnawed on a Croc and binoculars, raced from bedroom through living room, and enjoyed this Lego car.

4 comments:

  1. Oh! That picture of Kevin standing on the bed with his mis-matched clothes! I could just FEEL Karin's laughter!!! . . . but you know, then she would have made him change. LOL. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... me too, Noelle. But you can't fight city hall! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I bought those short to wear with a white collared shirt for dress up. Right after purchasing them, I saw a picture of them camping with his brand new, red plaid, more-expensive-than-other shorts on. ugh! But red IS his favorite color, so he likes them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only buy solids and in colors that mix and match?? I do that for ME, now! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete