Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bottle, Flag, and Clothes

Kevin had a new metal water bottle with goldfish on it to take to camp today. He has been using plastic sippy cups for his lunch drink. Yesterday, some kids at camp were mocking him for using baby cups. It had never occurred to Daddy or me that the plastic bottles were inappropriate. After I put him to bed last night, I ran out for a new water bottle suitable for a big boy!

I dropped Kevin at camp this morning with his booster seat and note that Heather could pick him up today. Before leaving, I searched for his group to see what he was doing. They were having their morning flag-raising ceremony!


We waved good-bye one more time.

One my way home, I was stranded on the tarmac in Philadelphia for two hours while a T-storm raged. The plane rocked as if we were in an earthquake, and hail battered us sounding like popcorn! For a while, you could see nothing out the window.

Heather called this evening to tell me a sweet story about Kevin: She explained to Kevin that she needed to do her laundry at his house, because she was going away on the weekend. With generosity in his heart, he told her, "It's OK if you do your laundry. We want you to have clean clothes! We don't want you to be poor." We aren't sure where that comment came from unless he had been told that she was laid off her job last month and has been jobless. But she begins as a bank teller on Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment