Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chautauqua Institution


Kevin joined me at Chautauqua on July 10 for two weeks! Daddy flew him to Buffalo. First thing he showed me is that his second top tooth is loose!

It is amazing to watch him grow up month by month! Mommy always parted his hair on the side. No one has done that since. I like the little boy look of his hair down on his forehead. Vanity is setting in and he wants his hair parted and combed to the side, plus HE wants to do it himself! It is cute to watch him comb his hair off his face to each side.

He arrived for the beginning of Week Three at the Institute. Vanessa and Angela are with us for the weekend, thus I have babysitting while I rehearse with the Choir.

We grabbed a quick dinner at a 50s diner nearby -- hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, and shakes.

Saturday evening was the Chautauqua Symphony playing an all Beethoven program. Kevin was soooo good! He nodded his head or moved his body with the rhythm many times through the piece. The girls brought a coloring book to work on as he listened and seat danced to the music.

At Intermission, the woman sitting next to me asked his name. Then she proceeded to compliment him on being a good, polite listener! After Intermission, I stood at the back holding him through the first movement of Beethoven's Fifth. I introduced him to the theme phrase that he would hear repeatedly. Then, each time it came up, we whispered, "bum bum bum bummmmmm." We left after the first movement. The rule of thumb is -- leave before they lose interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment