Thursday, July 15, 2010

Canoe and Bike Day

Guinness went with me to pick up Kevin at noon. Kevin ran away into the playground for the younger kids (his group doesn't have one). The gate read, "No pets." So Guinness and I had to wait on the other side of the fence.





Today was Kevin's group's turn to go out in a canoe! I arrived in time to take some pictures before they docked.

Kevin is in the front wearing the yellow lifejacket.



Each pair of children had a paddle to share, so that each helped to navigate the canoe.



He had a GREAT time, BUT he had a mini-meltdown because he did not get to swim today.

On the way home, we stopped at the bike rental and rented a bike with training wheels.

After dinner, we took the bike to a parking lot where he practiced some more.

When I suggested yesterday we rent a bike with training wheels, he adamantly said, "No! I would be embarrassed if anyone saw me." I assured him that we would practice where his friends would not see him. Tonight, as he was riding, he asked, "Can I ride to my program tomorrow?" The answer is, "No!" because there are too many hills. He is a long way from being ready to go up or down even a small incline!

2 comments:

  1. Finally got him on a bike!!!! Yay grandma!!

    Funny that he was worried about being embarrassed!! He is growing up and becoming more socially aware. That's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show him the pics of Leia learning to ride, okay? Maybe that'll encourage him.

    ReplyDelete