Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Queen Anne's Lace and Teeth

Our condo property is surrounded by unimproved lands with wildflowers edging the property. Kevin has been having fun picking flowers for me whenever we take Guinny out to go potty. Here he is arranging the latest bouquet.

BTW, the housekeeper for our condo saw us picking Queen Anne's Lace and told us not to as it is very poisonous. I said, "I have never heard that! I have played with it all my life." So I looked it up. No, it is not poisonous (except the leaves if eaten in large quantities), but it resembles Poison Hemlock which is deadly. Good thing to know! So be sure the lacey flower has a purple "queen" in the center!

We have had a little lesson on lying over the last couple of days. Twice, when I finished eating out on the deck, he still had food. When he brought his plate in, it was empty. I asked if he gave it to Guinny. No. Where is it? He ate it. I KNEW he had not eaten it. Then I saw he had thrown in down to the ground from our second story deck. So, after the second time, I tried to explain how important it is to believe what your friends and relatives tell you, because, if you lie, you always get caught up in it. And once you know a friend is a liar, you can't believe anything they say. Besides, I told him, it didn't matter if he finished his food or not. That is not important! I think it had an impact. Another time I asked him something, he said he was telling the truth. :)

Tonight, we attended the North Carolina Dance Theater's "Cinderella" ballet to Prokofiev's music played by The Chautauqua Symphony. Kevin enjoyed it very much, but was disappointed it was not longer. They only did excerpts for the first third of the program. We did not stay beyond that as it was already 9:00.

Kevin asked that we stop at The Refectory for ice cream again. The sunset through the trees was a gorgeous orange that began as a peach color and ended as a fire orange.

Guinness had fun playing with Kevin tonight -- jumping on him, stealing his and my shoes to make Kevin chase him.

Then it was bath time. Kevin bumped his mouth on his knee making his loose tooth bleed. Once the blood stopped flowing, he wiggled the tooth and it popped right out!

NO FRONT TEETH!!!!

Guinness was very concerned about Kevin and gave him several licks.

1 comment:

  1. Great lesson in lying, Grandma! : ) Oh, and I see you DID fully explore the Queen Anne's Lace. And I'm SO glad to know the difference between poisonous and non-poisonous!

    ReplyDelete