Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Splash Park, Hose, and Bubbles

Kevin riding to doggie park this morning.

We took Guinny to doggie park at the normal time today, and his friend Holly was there; then Dee (a tiny white dog with a Napoleon complex)came along. After they left, two more labs we had never met came along. But it was already so hot that the dogs were really dragging and not interested in playtime.

We brought an extra bag, because Kevin wanted to clean up the trash that had been strewn under the large spruce trees. What a civic-minded child!

After lunch, we went to the lakeside park down the street where there is a playground and splash park. It was in rest mode when we arrived and the children were lying in the drying puddles on the concrete. We were only there a couple of minutes before it came to life the children went into crazy mode! Kevin is in the center of these shots.






Kevin sitting on a jet of water.

Kevin got a kick out of playing with a couple of girls (not pictured). It started with the younger girl tagging him. Then he grabbed a glass of water out of the older sister's hands. She retrieved it, refilled it, and dumped it on his head. They had a lot of fun being silly.

Kevin had fun figuring out the physics of changing the velocity and direction of the squirting water.

Our parking ticket was only good for 1.5 hours. When our time was up, Kevin was not happy about leaving. I told him that we won't be able to come back if he will not leave when it is time. He came begrudgingly. I wanted to stop at the corner store for a newspaper to see the article about coyotes in the area a doggie park friend spoke of this morning. It was such a hot day that I told Kevin to stay in the car and left it running while I ran inside. (shhhh....) When I returned 60 seconds later, he said that he had fallen asleep! Aha! So the tears were not so much about disappointment as they were about being exhausted!

While I prepared our dinner, Kevin watered my flower beds with the hose. After dinner, I fertilized all my plants.

We were cuddling this evening, and I said, "There is no one to take our picture! Maybe we should take one ourselves." So he ran for my camera, and this was the best we could do.



I plunked him in our spa tub with a bit of bubbles and turned on the jets. A while later, he was screaming to me. I arrived on the scene to find that the jets were making an overabundance of bubbles. He was about to drown in his bubbles! Grandma rescued him.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't these action water features just wonderful? So nice there's one so close to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...just noticed...when did you go blond!!?!? Have you done that before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool splash park! Even cooler bubble boy! : )

    ReplyDelete