Friday, August 21, 2009

Banner Day

1) Kien!
This morning, Kien asked to go potty. He has used the toilet for #2 ever since I have been here except maybe once or twice! I assumed that was why he wanted the potty, but he tinkled!!!! WOW!!! We assumed there would be no potty training with him once Baby Gabe was here, but he is doing it on his own! So he earned a special treat: strawberries and yogurt.

2) Grandma babysat! :) And Mommy had a break.
This afternoon, Cathi took Brandy and Jeremy shopping for school supplies while I babysat Kien and Gabe. Kien slept almost the whole afternoon. Gabe did everything that newborns do -- slept, cried, ate, and messed his pants. Soooo cute!!!! I took this picture myself.

3) Tonight was Parents' Night after 3 weeks of Band Camp for Brandy.
It was so exciting to see her strutting around on the field. I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes! I am so proud of her!
She is a French horn player. French horns play Mellophones in the Marching Band. She is wearing black knee-length shorts and white T-shirt.


Their theme this year is "Romeo and Juliet" using music from various composers on that theme. Here are some movie clips showing how awesome they are! Watch for the black shorts about in the center of each clip.

2 comments:

  1. About number 1: SHUT UP!!!! Hahahaha! Yeah, we're still working with Annie. ; ) About number 2: so sweet, and Gabe looks so OLD already!!! About number 3: ah, the dream for my own children as well! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent--on all counts! I played the French horn/mellophone back in my band days, too. Sometimes I still play my horn. It's the best instrument, imho. :)

    ReplyDelete