Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fun Family Day and Hysterical Walk

What we don't do to entertain our kids! :)


First, Brandy played a guitar concert for Kevin and Uncle Steve.

Then Jeremy did. Both kids have musical talent!


Baby Gabe enduring the cacophony of a busy house.

I put a Sesame Street numbers video on for Kien. He sat very still in my lap enjoying the show.

Kevin well remembers being Kien's big brother. And Kien seems quite content and familiar with Kevin. At one point yesterday when I reminded Kien about who was coming, I pulled out the family photo taken 9/27/08, which I carry in my purse, to remind him again who Uncle Steve and Kevin are. He carried that picture around for quite a while before I was able to sneak it back into my purse!

We went for a walk around the block tonight. The walk began with me pushing Kien in his little car, Kevin riding Jeremy's scooter, and Jeremy doing stunts on his bike in the lead. Kevin was a bit concerned that Jeremy should not be doing those things!

Half way around the block, Kevin decided that he was too hot and too tired to scoot anymore. He walked while I carried the scooter over my shoulder and pushed Kien. Then Kien wanted to walk too, so here they are holding hands walking together with me pushing the car with the scooter inside.

I thought this was too crazy, and called Jeremy back to take the picture. ha!

The next stage was that Kevin decided he was too tired to walk any further! (In his defense, he had taken his evening med which does make him sleepy.) So I carried the scooter over my shoulder again, and pushed Kevin in the car while Kien ran ahead of us. We saw a bunny which Kien chased. Eventually, Kien kept heading for the road.

The walk ended with Kien back in the car screaming, Kevin walking unhappily, me pushing the car with a scooter over my shoulder, and Jeremy hiding behind cars peering at us while on his bike. It was a fairly funny scene!
The walkers were thirsty and sat at the table with cold drinks. Uncle Steve played making faces games and peek-a-boo with Kien. Kien is very comfortable playing with Uncle Steve and Kevin.

Kevin has his own IPhone (without service) from his Mommy, which he uses for games and music. He and Brandy had some IPhone fun together.

2 comments:

  1. What a busy family time! This is what family is all about though. Before we know it these kids will be gone and we'll be remembering these noisy and exhausting times as we sit quietly somewhere waiting for one of them to call us! Does this sound too maudlin? Sorry - - this happy time for you is not a time to introduce anything but more happiness. It is wonderful to see you all (including Steve and Kevin) together. Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noelle says, NOTE TO SELF: "Never take a young child and a toddler walking: stroller a must!" ; )

    ReplyDelete