Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What a day... what a day....

Kien came in Mommy's bedroom to say "Good morning!"

Kevin made this sun, earth, and moon mobile with Jeremy and left it behind for us to enjoy. BTW, Kien mentioned Kevin many times today! He must miss him!

A friend of Brandy's made her a wallhanging with several friend scripture verses!

As I was holding Baby Gabe, Kien gave him a brotherly kiss on the head.

Brandy and I went to Walmart to grocery shop and buy her a pair of shoes that she had seen and liked. We had to stop for a train. This is Texas! There are huge grain elevators near their house, and we have to cross THREE train tracks between their house and Walmart. It can be very frustrating... Today we were stopped for a long, slow one. Once it was gone, the cars in the lane to our right started moving, but our lane had not. Then we felt a huge jolt because someone hit us from behind. A 20 year military veteran kept saying he didn't know how it happened, but his 2001 Daewoo rammed a 1999 Chevy truck which put a good dent in Greg's Odyssey bumper. The cop kept joking, "I don't understand why she backed into you guys." Oh, my...

Here are the shoes which caused the problems...

"Problems?" you say? Yes! Brandy helped carry the groceries in the house and took the bag with the shoes to her room. After I had emptied the bags, I realized that the chicken noodle soup I had bought to cure Jeremy's sick stomach was missing. Brandy didn't know where it was. A guest was in the house this evening, so the two dogs were shut into Brandy's bedroom. When we released them, they had food packaging ripped all over the floor including an empty butter box, but the soup cans were intact. Well, I knew the dogs wouldn't be sleeping with me in the living room tonight (They always sleep with me when I am here.). Before we went to bed, we found a huge pile of regurgitation on the hallway tile (thankfully). Brandy had the privilege of cleaning it up!
Here are the culprits:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a series of misadventures! The cop....Did you photograph him and the vehicles at the scene? Hopefully a judge, unlike the cop, can add 2+2=4. Too bad! Brandy, your new shoes ARE cute! Bad doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everyone is okay! . . . but UGH! Doggy barf! ; )

    ReplyDelete