Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!

Today, Brandy started 10th grade, Jeremy began 7th grade, and Kevin (in NC) became a Kindergartener! While Cathi drove the kids to school, I stayed with Kien and Gabe. I decided to try to take pictures of his ears. LOL He has the cutest, unique ears! His right one is flat and straight. The left one is curly! :) Soooo cute! It probably won't remain that way, but, for now, he is our curly eared baby!


Meanwhile, Kien built towers with his Fruit Loops. I can't believe my grandchildren eat Fruit Loops!!! I never let my children eat sugar coated cereal, and now their cabinets (even before they were parents!!) sport several types of sugar cereal. (sigh)

While I was getting dinner on the table, Daddy fell asleep with Gabe. Aha! I caught a spy picture of Father and Son!!!

I spent the day preparing the kitchen to have the floor pulled up tomorrow in preparation for the new ceramic tile. See the bins waiting to be filled in the background? When talking to Steve tonight about Kevin's first day, we learned that Steve is packing up his house to have new flooring (carpeting for him) laid this week too!!!

Three generations! Isn't this the sweetest?

2 comments:

  1. Nina, he is just SO CUTE! Don't you just want to eat him! You look so happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE Gabe's ears!!! On a side note, Nina. Did Karin ever tell you the story about how my mom did the same thing while I was growing up? (No sugar cereal, . . . no sugar ANYTHING, even corn for dessert!?!) Result: first birthday party I went to, I stood over the bowl of m&m's eating and eating and eating. I'm still obsessed with sugar. I blame it on Mom. ; ) Our rule is everything in moderation, . . . or actually, our current rule is "anything when we can afford it" which means no dessert, . . . or even juice right now. : (

    ReplyDelete