Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gabriel

Mommy is doing a bit better today. Today was clean-the-house-day and she chipped in. Hopefully, she won't pay for it tomorrow.
Mommy and Gabe resting.

Daddy and Mommy enjoying the babe this evening. Daddy thinks Gabe is the most amazing thing he has ever seen! And he is!
A friend emailed me today, "In my heart, she (Karin) somehow knew his spirit before it was put in him...For months I have been imagining Karin with the spirit of this baby, holding him and loving him and preparing him for her family." What a sweet perspective! Remember -- Greg and Cathi learned of the reality of a pregnancy within 24 hours of losing Karin, calling us 26 hours later at 2 AM 12/17. I say that they serendipitously chose the angelic name Gabriel because of his angel aunt.

2 comments:

  1. I cried at the beauty of this post! I wonder if they have considered that Karin might be Gabe's guardian angel? I had a very sweet old nun, Sister Mary Matthew, who was a good friend of mine and who died on the day Brian and I found out we were pregnant with Leia Rose. I have always considered Sister Mary Matthew as Leia Rose's guardian angel, . . . and Leia's middle name is from St. Therese the Little Flower who promised to send roses from heaven with her intercession and who originally began the bond between Sister Mary Matthew and I.

    ReplyDelete