Thursday, July 14, 2011

Busy as a Bee

Before Kevin was up, I went to my Rotary meeting while Grampa babysat. I asked a pediatrician friend about Kevin's thumb which no longer hurts, and the blister is sometimes visible and sometimes not. He said we need to keep the blister from breaking and perhaps a bandaid was sufficient. He also said it would be fine for him to have his swimming lesson today -- even without a bandaid.

This morning, Kevin helped me with my gardening. We had some weeding to do and the plants needed to be feed. He has watched how I prepare the fertilizer, though I did not explain how to do it. After the first spray bottle was empty, he refilled it by himself without my knowledge! Again, he did most of the fertilizing while I did other garden chores.

One of the neighbors last night was working on getting rid of carpenter bees in the underside of her deck. Kevin was intrigued by this. She told him he could help her today after lunch. She allowed him to assist her with her project. Here are the holes made by the bees, now filled with a foam that forces them out of the wood. Kevin says he helped her wash off the scraper she used to finish off the filled holes.

I went over later to see how things were going and he was hosing off the drive behind her house, cleaning away the dead bees, larvae, and chemicals.

Kevin's swim lesson was just before dinner. She was teaching him how to make non-splashing strokes with his arms. She explained to me that he has trouble focusing after a while, so she gives him 2 minutes of free play after 10 minutes of coaching to allow him to refocus on the lesson.


Kevin saying goodnight to Grampa. Grampa thinks he is a "pretty cool little guy."

No comments:

Post a Comment