Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dogsitter, Landscaper, and Swimmer

At bedtime, I tuck Kevin into bed with Guinness lying at the bottom of his bed (thus *I* don't have to lie with him!) I close the door to keep Guinness there for the night. In the morning, Guinness knows when 7:00 is, his breakfast time! So we let him out before he awakens Kevin just before 7:00 and give him breakfast! Then, when it is time to awaken Kevin, we let Guinness back in his room and he helps to get him up! LOL




Grampa was going in the direction of church this morning and offered to drive Kevin again, giving Grandma another free morning.

I brought Guinness with me to pick him up as it was not too hot to leave him in the car for a few minutes. Kevin mentioned that they are using the cemetery behind the church for some of their outdoor activities. ??? Anyway, since he is used to visiting Mommy's grave and saw his Walsh great grandparents' graves last Sunday, I told him I would show him the grave of a dear friend of mine in that cemetery -- Kathy Percy, the wife of our former Rector at Trinity. Her grave is unique in that she does not have a usual tombstone; she has a rock with wildflower/tall grass planted around it -- very natural looking -- like Kathy. Hard to believe it has been seven years.

Kevin was very interested in knowing the dates on the stones, especially the very old ones. Most in that cemetery died in the 1800s.

Since we had Guinness, we stopped at the doggie park not too far from the church on the way home. There were three little dogs there which loved to fetch. Guinness does not seem to know he is a retriever! He does not fetch, but steals things and makes humans fetch it back from him! Kevin had fun throwing the ball for the little dogs. A couple of times, the ball went on the other side of this fence. Instead of using the gate, Kevin retrieved the ball in this manner:


When we arrived home, the landscapers were there to clean up our condo property. Of course, Kevin did not want to come in the house! He was NEEDED outside. I brought him a picnic to eat on the boulders while watching the crew. I left him outside.

When I checked on him, he was helping to weed.


The crew seemed to be enjoying his help. In fact, they suggested when they started to use the riding mower, I should take a picture of Kevin on the mower.

When the crew was finished and packing up to leave, I noted they had not cleaned up the mulberries on the driveway behind our garage. So they came back, and Kevin and I assisted them to shovel them up. Then I put Kevin on the task of washing down the driveway.

When Kevin finally came inside, I suggested that he watch "Herbie" which we had borrowed from the library. He LOVED it!!!! :) Guinness enjoyed watching it with him too.

He had his first of four weekly swim lesson late afternoon. It went very well, and they pronounced him to be in Level 4 (out of 10 levels). Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment